Thank you to your wonderful team and all the good work you do. I learned a lot about nutrition and about myself!
1. I think it is important for older individuals to take this challenge. I was not aware that my balance isn’t what it used to be. This probably would not have been noticed without this class.
2. I am sleeping better.
3. My eating habits are much better. Instead of eating as much as I can just because I like it, I try to stop before it’s too late!
4. I have found good substitutes for some of my favorite, yet naughty, foods such as chips. I have completely switched to soy milks and healthier bread.
5. I have started eating fiber.
6. I have lost 12 pounds. This was not my intention at all, but following my calorie count led to weight loss.
7. I exercised almost every day. Not wanting to let my team down contributed to this.
8. I think many of the eating skills will persist. I thought maybe I would “celebrate” and eat all the things I had been avoiding, but I didn’t.
9. I think I would like to continue with a personal trainer when this is over. It did add structure to my program.
10. Meeting with Emily was very helpful. She was not judgmental and always had good suggestions for my concerns. It would be nice to have the ability to continue to be able to contact her in the future.
Job Title: Staff Assistant III
Job Title: Staff Radiologist
Years at MGH: 11 yrs
Team Name: “Fit-RADs”
Reason Joined Be Fit:
To elevate my fitness level, develop endurance, and lose body fat.
How Be Fit Helped:
Be Fit has helped me become “fitter” and has made “being fit” part of my daily routine. Eating healthy and working out in the gym are now a part of my lifestyle rather than a special weekend event. Ever since I joined, I have become better at managing my food choices and portions, as well as doing exercises in the right way. The rigorous training and food/exercise logs done over a 10-week period is very effective in consolidating what you learn in this program.
Favorite Thing About Be Fit:
Without doubt, the experts who train us. Laura, Cliff, Emily, Damien, and Steve are simply terrific! Their knowledge is outstanding. Their dedication and effort to tailor the nutrition and exercise program to your needs and body is inspiring.
More importantly, they are extremely kind people who make Be Fit a fun program. I may have lost some fat and shrunk my waist size, but I have certainly gained something very precious – great friends! God bless them all!